Saturday, October 6, 2007

Taste: Get Some

Such was my response to the ugly poll below and the weirdly enraging salad I had with lunch. What is it with New York City chain-grocery produce? Sometimes it feels more conceptual than edible. I know this isn’t news, but Lord, this pepper: enormous, firm, a beautiful glossy red, but utterly, utterly tasteless. Does a person really need to go to farmers' markets to get produce that tastes of this earth (and not some unsubtle marketing firm)? I have a new understanding of ranch dressing. . .

1 comment:

alice said...

this problem seems especially bad in nyc. even the whole foods produce here kind of sucks. i eat a lot fewer fruits and vegetables in ny than i did in ca, and i feel crappier for it. so your complaint is heard. by me. the only other person who reads this.