Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Back

But not with the critical survey of polyrhythms in late-period Stereolab I know you’ve all been waiting for. More on that later.

For now, I’d like mention that if you can’t get to the Mae Shi, the album to hear is 2004’s Terrorbird. Hard to describe the music…spaz rock ? ADD-core? The songs are short & frenetic, constantly shifting meters, keys, styles, and played with a sort of athletic fervor that makes one feel slightly unhealthy at home in headphones. The only thing I can think to compare is Zorn's Naked City.

Pitchfork accuses the boys of posturing; I’m with Alice – I couldn’t imagine them doing anything else.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I noticed you had Leonard Cohen on your original playlist; I've always been unsure of what the blue raincoat song is about; is his previous lover now her lover?